Saturday, June 11, 2011

Table of Contents

Stuff I Gotta Say

So, many, many years ago -- as far back as, like, 2005 -- I started this "Serial" about zombies. It was fun to write, popular among my three zombie-loving friends I dared show it to, and most relevantly completely unsaleable. I put no effort into editing it, and while I found it extremely fun to write, I also found it completely stupid. So I put it on the internet.

One day in, like, 2007, I got REALLY embarassed, and took it all down (kind of; really I just made it hard to find the old ones) and decided to reboot it. I wrote two episodes or so, then forgot about it.

I did it all over again in 2008. Except that time, I only got one "chapter" done. I tried a couple more times in the interim.

Today I got the itch to do it again. So here it is.

This is not a story that's very important to me. The characters are kind of important to me -- they kick around in my head, doing their things, a whole lot. But I can't write them very well; I just dont' feel comfortable putting the effort into them that I put into my other characters. So, in order to exorcise them, and feel like I"m being productive in some way, I'm slamming one new episode out each week.

I mean to make this my mandatory 20 minutes writing every Saturday, and then spend about 20 minutes editing it, to make sure the spelling is right and it makes sense. It's practice, more than anything. This is not polished. I don't mean for this one to be polished. But since it's practice -- I definitely welcome constructive criticism. The things I learn from crafting this are things that I"m going to apply to my other work. The stuff that I mean to actually properly publish. This just gets my engines firing.

The Latest Episode:

Episode 1 - The 7th Beginning